Hi.

I'm sure this is a simple problem, yet I can't seem to get simple help for
it.

I am simply trying to move my xlab in plot().

I am currently using the following commands:

plot(c(-0.25,18),c(0, max(patient10)),type="n", ylab="SD of POST estimator",
xlab="Scans \n (a)")

But when the plot prints, the xlab is printed over top the xaxis. I tried
adjusting mar(), but this just works with the margins outside the plotting
area. What is a simple fix? Is there a single command I can add that adjusts
the size of the plotting area within the area controlled by mar()?

Thanks very much.

Dean