From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Ricky Jacob
Sent: Wed 4/11/2007 5:55 AM
To: r-help@stat.math.ethz.ch
Subject: [R] Random Forest Imputations [Broadcast]

Dear All,
I am not able to run the random forest with my dataset..

X<- 280 records with satellite data(28 columns) - B1min, b1max, b1std etc..

y<-  280 records with 3 columns -  TotBasal Area, Stem density and Volume

yref <- y[1:230,] #Keeping 1st 230 records as reference records

want to set 0 to y values for records 231 to 280..

yimp <- y[231:280,] #records for which we want to impute the basal area,
stem density and volume

mal1 <- yai(x=x, y=yref, method="mahalanobis", k=1, noRefs = TRUE)  # This
works fine for mahalanobis, msn, gnn, raw and Euclidean

Want to do a similar thing with random forest where the 1st 230 records
alone should be used for calculating Nearest Neighbours for the records with
number 231 to 280..
What needs to be done..  Went through the yaImpute document.. but all i
could do without any error message was to have NN generated using the yai()
where all 280 records have been used for finding nearest neighbour.

Regards
Ricky