Dear all R user,

 Please forgive me if my question is too simple.

 My question is related to Statistics rather directly to R. Suppose I have two
time series of spot prices of two commodities X and Y for two years. Now I want
to see what percentage of spot price of X is explained by Y. Yes I can fit a
regression equation of X on Y. But my question is, is it legitimate? Because
both series are non-stationary with very high auto-correlation of order 1. And
regression analysis is basically designed for cross-sectional data, not for
time series data.

 Your help will be highly appreciable.

 Thanks and regards,
 Ron