Hello,

I have just installed the newest version of R (2.4.1) for Windows XP.  I can
no longer install new packages.  When trying to connect to a server (I have
tried several) I get the following message:

> chooseCRANmirror()

Error in open.connection(file, "r") : unable to open connection

In addition: Warning message:

unable to connect to 'cran.r-project.org' on port 80.

Have other people had the same problem with this version, or is it unique to
my computer?  Can someone suggest a solution?

Thanks.

Bill Shipley