Dear Friends,

I have data set with around 220,000 rows and 17 columns. One of the columns is
an id variable which is grouped from 1000 through 9000. I need to perform the
following operations.

1) Remove all the observations with id's between 6000 and 6999

I tried using this method.

remdat1 <- subset(data, ID<6000)
remdat2 <- subset(data, ID>=7000)
donedat <- rbind(remdat1, remdat2)

I check the last and first entry and found that it did not have ID values 6000.
Therefore I think that this might be correct, but is this the most efficient
way of doing this?

2) I need to remove observations within columns 3, 4, 6 and 8 when they are
negative. For instance if the number in column 3 is -4, then I need to delete
the entire observation. Can somebody help me with this too.

Thank and Regards

Anup