On 26/04/07, John Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear Yuandan,
>
> My attention was drawn by your claim of an "error in AMMI article."
>
> As you say, the code for the AMMI function is given directly in the
> article.
> If the argument biplot is equal to 1, then a biplot is drawn by the
> function, as is apparent from the section of code labelled "## 5 -
> Biplots."
>
> Why is this an error?

when loading this AMMI function, at the line "if (biplot == 1) { ", R seems
treating the 'biplot' as a subject, the biplot function from stats package,
inseatd of treating it as argument for the AMMI function.

here is the error messenge when I load it

> source ("AMMI.R")
Error in parse(file, n = -1, NULL, "?") : syntax error at
51: ( bplot == 1 ) {
52:     plot(1, type =

Regards,