Dear all,

I would like to know if there is any R package that uses a sliding window
approach to assess statistical significance out of my data. My data is composed
of DNA sequences (of variable length) that are mapped to a genome with a
determined score of alignment.

So, I want to see if I can find more tags in a given region of the genome as
opposed to finding them by chance. In this sliding window I would like to be
able to calculate a p-value for the amount of tags found, compared to the
number of tags I would expect to find by chance.

P.S. If you know, please recommend other tools that I could use for graphical
assessment of p-values from this sliding window approach.

Best regards

João Fadista
Ph.d. student

         UNIVERSITY OF AARHUS
Faculty of Agricultural Sciences
Dept. of Genetics and Biotechnology
Blichers Allé 20, P.O. BOX 50
DK-8830 Tjele

Phone:   +45 8999 1900
Direct:  +45 8999 1900
E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Web:     www.agrsci.org <http://www.agrsci.org/>

News and news media <http://www.agrsci.org/navigation/nyheder_og_presse> .

This email may contain information that is confidential. Any use or publication
of this email without written permission from Faculty of Agricultural Sciences
is not allowed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Faculty of
Agricultural Sciences immediately and delete this email.