On 5/21/07, Deepayan Sarkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I get the following error message: Error in validDetails.text(x) :
> Invalid 'rot' value

This depends on the data (and I haven't been able to reproduce it),
but I'm pretty sure the culprit is the calculation of the rotation for
the contour labels. You can probably work around it by changing
'label.style' (see ?panel.contourplot). I can try to fix it if you
give me a reproducible example (e.g. save() your matrix and send it to
me offline).

Thank you for your interest. I'm new to R, but pretty enthusiastic
about it. You can find attached the matrix in question. It's a
representation of an optic disc from a retinal photograph.

I noticed that the error occurs only when using the option 'pretty=T'.
Also, it happens in two of about seven or eight similar objects I
played with.

--
Mihai.