On 20/06/07, Sébastien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> That is maybe not the most elegant way but you can hide some plots
> regions by add a white polygon, eg:
>
> polygon(x=c(1,1,0,...),y=c(0,1,0,...),col=0,xpd=xpd)

Yeah, that is no good because it is the scale of the 'full' plot that is the
real problem. I want about a 4 by 4 upper right corner from a 17 by 17
matrix of plots.

I think this should be possible, for example saying something like;

pairs( x=x[,1:3], y=x[,3:6] )

*could* produce the desired behaviour (in at least a semi-logical way).

Just a personnal question, can you modify the content of the "title"
> boxes without changing the names of the variables, e.g. "myParameter"
> instead of "a"?

Yup, that is easy :-D

Try the following (on the code already given);

plot(x, labels=paste("hello\n", names(x)))

See "?pairs" for the really cool things that you can do.