Dear R users,

Please help me on using "mix" function under package "mixdist".

My data distribution shows there are two components for the mixture
distribution: left part is an exponential and right part is a normal. So I plan
to use "gamma" mixture distribution to estimate the parameters. Here is what I
am using for the "mix" function.

Test<-mix(x, mixparam(mu=c(1,125),sigma=c(1,11.18)),"gamma")

However, one error message shows up as:
"Error in nlm(function(x) f(x, ...), p, hessian, typsize, fscale, msg,  :
missing value in parameter"

Does anybody know what that means and how to fix it to get the estimation? Your
help will be much appreciated.

Yun

Yun Wang
Research Assistant
Department of Family Medicine and Public Health Sciences
Wayne State University School of Medicine
177 Shiffman Library
4325 Brush
Detroit, MI 48201

Phone: 313-577-0707