Hello Jim,

thanks for your answer. At the moment I am using this code:

Range0<-sapply(1:85, function(i) eval(parse(text=paste("range(V", i,
", na.rm=T)", sep=""))))

and it works really fine.

The code you sent me is also fine but how can I implement, that
missing values are TRUE?

Thanks a lot for your help

Birgit

Am 28.06.2007 um 13:01 schrieb Jim Lemon:

> Birgit Lemcke wrote:
>> Hello,
>> (Power Book G4, Mac OS X, R 2.5.0)
>> I would like to repeat the function range for 85 Vectors (V1-V85).
>> I tried with this code:
>> i<-0
>>  > repeat {
>> + i<-i+1
>> + if (i<85) next
>> + range (Vi, na.rm = TRUE)
>> + if (i==85) break
>> + }
>> I presume that the Vi is wrong, because in this syntax i is not
>> known  as a variable. But I don´t know how to say that it is a
>> variable here.
>> Would be nice if somebody could help me.
>> Perhaps I´m thinking too complicated and there is an easier way to
>> do  this.
> Hi Birgit,
> This may be what you want:
>
> for(i in 1:85)
>  print(do.call("range",list(as.name(paste("V",i,sep="")))))
>
> Jim

Birgit Lemcke
Institut für Systematische Botanik
Zollikerstrasse 107