thank you. This is definitely doable. - adschai----- Original Message
-----From: David Meyer Date: Friday, July 6, 2007 6:34 amSubject: Re: [R]
Question for svm function in e1071To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
r-help@stat.math.ethz.ch> Adschai:> > The function is written in C++, so
debugging the source code of > the R > svm() function will not really help.
What you can do to make the > C-code > more verbose is the following:> > - get
the sources of e1071> - in the src/ directory, look up the svm.cpp file> - In
line 37, there is:> > > #if 0> void info(char *fmt,...)> > [...]> > replace the
first line by:> > #if 1> > - build and install the package again.> > Best>
David> > ----------------------------> > Sorry that I have many questions
today. I am using svm function > on about> 180,000 points of training set. It
takes very long time to run. > However,I would like it to spit out something to
make sure that > the run is not> dead in between.  Would you please suggest
anyway to do !
 so?> >