Hi

I'm running the latest R on a presumably up to date Linux server.

'Doing something silly I'm sure, but can't see why my saved PLMset objects
come out all wrong. To use an example:

Setting up an example PLMset (I have the same problem no matter what example
I use)

> library(affyPLM)

> data(Dilution) # affybatch object

> Dilution = updateObject(Dilution)

> options(width=36)

> expr <- fitPLM(Dilution)

This works, and I'm able to get the probeset coefficients with coefs(expr).
until I save and try reloading:

> save(expr, file="expr.RData")

> rm(expr) # just to be sure

> expr <- load(expr.RData)

Now, running coefs(expr) says:

> Error in function (classes, fdef, mtable) : unable to find an inherited
method for function "coefs", for signature "character"

Trying str(exp) just gives the following:

> chr "exp"

expr.Rdata appears to save properly (in that there is an actual file with
notable size in my working directory).

Thanks in advance,

Quin