Hi,

My vanilla code works fine...

See also attached .eps file (seperate email sent directly to you)

> r<-rnorm(100)
> postscript("figure.eps")
> plot.ts(r)
> dev.off()

Also this works ok as you have been told already:

> paper="special" in the postscript() call.

If you see my eps file wrongly then your GSVIEW setup is wrong.

Choose Orientation "Auto" and under Options (bottom half)
click-select-tick everything except "Ignore DSC".

That should do the trick...

Costas

Miruna Petrescu-Prahova wrote:

> Hi

> I am trying to save some plots in a postscript file. When I generate
the

> plots in the main window, they appear correctly - their orientation is

> landscape (i.e., horizontal). However, when I open the .ps file with
GSview,

> the whole page appears vertically, and the plot appears horizontally,
which

> means that the plot is only partially visible (example here

> https://webfiles.uci.edu/mpetresc/postscript.files/default.ps
<https://webfiles.uci.edu/mpetresc/postscript.files/default.ps>  ). I
searched

> the R-help mailing list archive and found 2 suggestions: setting the
width

> and height and setting horizontal = FALSE. I have tried setting the
width

> and height but it makes no difference. I have also tried using
"horizontal =

> FALSE". This rotates and elongates the plot, but it is still displayed

> horizontally on a vertical page, and so only partially visible
(example

<https://webfiles.uci.edu/mpetresc/postscript.files/horiz.false.ps> ). I

> am not sure what is wrong. Plots are created with "filled.contour".

I guess this is a misconfiguration of your GSview. The plots are fine

for me. Anyway, you might also want to set the argument

paper="special" in the postscript() call.

Uwe Ligges

> Thanks

> Miruna

> Miruna Petrescu-Prahova

> Department of Sociology

> University of California, Irvine

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<http://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html>

Costas Vorlow
Research Economist
Eurobank EFG
Division of Research & Forecasting

tel: +30-210-3337273 (ext 17273)
fax: +30-210-3337687

P Think before you print.

Disclaimer:
This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you should
not copy it, re-transmit it, use it or disclose its contents, but should return
it to the sender immediately and delete the copy from your system.
EFG Eurobank Ergasias S.A. is not responsible for, nor endorses, any opinion,
recommendation, conclusion, solicitation, offer or agreement or any information
contained in this communication.
EFG Eurobank Ergasias S.A. cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or
completeness of this message as it has been transmitted over a public network.
If you suspect that the message may have been intercepted or amended, please
call the sender.