On 08/10/2015 4:41 PM, Dr Gregory Jefferis wrote:
> Dear Duncan,
>
> Could I just revive this one more time
>
> On 16 Aug 2015, at 17:21, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
>
>> It is harder for you to implement this yourself, because CRAN frowns
>> on
>> tests that try to detect whether they're running under CRAN or not.
>>
>> You could put in "if (interactive())" checks around your displays.  If
>> you want to check whether the rgl calls are okay, you could do
>> something
>> like this:
>>
>> library(rgl)
>> options(rgl.useNULL = TRUE)
>
> I have a package which imports rgl i.e. rgl is loaded on package
> startup. A number of examples (not tests) use rgl features and I do not
> want these to be run on CRAN.
>
> Is there a way to configure rgl.useNULL to handle this situation?

I don't think so, but I don't think you really want that.

options(rgl.useNULL = TRUE)

doesn't stop rgl from running, it just stops it from trying to display
anything.  So you could put code like

if (!interactive())
  options(rgl.useNULL = TRUE)

into your .onLoad function for your package, and it wouldn't try to open
a display on CRAN, or anywhere else that wasn't interactive.

Duncan