I have two questions, one substantive and one technical, about the relation
between vignettes and help files.  By "help files" I mean the regular .Rd files.

Substantively, to what extent should material be duplicated between the help
files and the vignette?  For example, my vignette includes some output
summarizing the analysis.  The output has many different kinds of information,
and the details about what they mean are in the help for the function
generating the output.  Any advice on how much of that information to put in
the vignette?.  The vignette could, of course, say to see the help for the
function for details.

It seems natural to me  to have the information in both  places, except that
doing so invites inconsistencies as the code changes, if not immediately.

The leads to the the technical question: is there a way to provide links to the
help from the vignette?  I'm using Sweave.  And, similarly, is there a way to
reference the vignettes from the help?  In particular, it seems natural to
reference the vignette from the package help.

Thanks.
Ross Boylan