On 10.02.2017 03:19, Jonathon Love wrote:
hi,

i'm trying to include some greek characters in my package documentation,
but am having difficulty getting it to work on windows. it works find on
macOS, linux, but throws errors on windows:

https://win-builder.r-project.org/guwReC6lhQaU/00check.log

so far i have tried:

\u03C9
\omega
\eqn{\omega}
\symbol{"03C9}
\enc{ω}{omega}

The latter is right in principle, but two issues:

1- you use it in an .R file which should no assume a special encoding. I do not use roxygen2, hence don't know how it can work at all, I'd simply do it in the Rd file directly.

2- Thge LaTeX version on winbuilder cannot deal with an UTF-8 omega symbol. Hence I'd rather write
\eqn{\omega}{omega}
or to square it:
\eqn{\omega^2}{omega^2}

Best,
Uwe Ligges

i have `Encoding: UTF-8` specified in my DESCRIPTION

i have read:

https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-devel/R-exts.html#Encoding-issues
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-devel/R-exts.html#Encoding
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-devel/R-exts.html#Insertions

any tips on how to get these symbols into documentation on windows? i'd
even by happy with it just saying 'omega' on windows (which is what i
thought \enc{}{} was supposed to do).

apparently i'm missing something.

with thanks

jonathon