On 28/02/2017 5:17 PM, Patrick Schratz wrote:
Thanks Duncan, that was the problem! Although the Rbuildignore entry
pointed to the main dir

No, it contains patterns, not paths, and is matched "case-insensitively against the file and directory names relative to the top-level package source directory". Put ^ at the beginning if you want to refer to the main dir.

Hadley, reporting what gets omitted might be a good suggestion, but it might report too much in a package with compiled code (the .o files will generally be omitted; rgl has 51 of those in src...).

Duncan Murdoch

and my .bib file was lying under vignettes/...
That Rbuildignore entry was a leftover when my .bib file was initially
lying in the top directory and hence was throwing notes during R CMD check.

Afterwards I used full paths in the vignette to specify the .bib
location. This approach works fine until you submit to CRAN which of
course cannot deal with full paths (and you forget about that you used a
full path when releasing).

@hadley
Could be useful as most often you do not think of possible leftover
entries in Rbuildignore...