And even this cannot work for strong dependencies, as sztrong deendencies must be available from mainstream repositoreis.

Best,
Uwe Ligges

On 08.11.2017 17:59, Brian G. Peterson wrote:
I think you should be using:

Additional_repositories: https://github.com/mrdwab/SOfun

since that is the actual repository.

Regards,

Brian

On Wed, 2017-11-08 at 17:01 +0100, LUCA BELMONTE wrote:
Good evening,

I am trying to upload my package, called PdPDB 2.0.
When building and checking the package with R-studio with --as-cran
option
selected, everything looks ok but, once I tried to upload the package
CRAN I had the following reply:

*"Strong dependencies not in mainstream repositories:*
*  SOfun*
** checking package namespace information ... OK*
** checking package dependencies ... ERROR*
*Package required but not available: 'SOfun'"*

I understand the issue it with SOfun that is a package I downloaded
and
installed from this github url: https://github.com/mrdwab/SOfun

I came back to CARN policies and I have read:

*"Packages on which a CRAN package depends should be available from a
mainstream repository: if any mentioned in ‘Suggests’ or ‘Enhances’
fields
are not from such a repository, where to obtain them at a repository
should
be specified in an ‘Additional_repositories’ field of the DESCRIPTION
file
(as a comma-separated list of repository URLs) or for other means of
access, described in the ‘Description’ field."*

So, I updated the DESCRIPTION file as follows:
Additional_repositories: http://news.mrdwab.com/install_github.R

Before to proceed to submission, I would like to know if this is the
right
way to proceed or I misinterpreted the submission procedure.

Thank you for reading this email,
Best,