> On 12 Aug 2018, at 00:18, peter dalgaard <pda...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Have you tried asking CRAN for help? I mean, if you don't fix an obvious
> error, with a well-known cause, like the log thing, they'll get fed up and
> throw you off. However, fixing and then discovering an issue elsewhere is
> different, especially if you cannot easily reproduce it at your end.

When I did that for a similar problem with the 'sparsesvd' package – before
Solaris was available via R-hub, so I really had no chance to chase down the
problem without help from CRAN – I never got a response.

I later managed to identify and fix the problem by tedious trial & error via
R-hub.

Symptoms were similar: build succeeded, but the package always crashed when
running tests and examples, but only on Solaris.

The solution turned out to be that the 3rd-party C code my package wraps
defines a C function named store(), which causes Solaris to segfault for
reasons that I don't understand at all.  But renaming the function to anything
else solved the issue.

Best,
Stefan