Hi,

I would like to change the default value of some arguments of some functions in a package of mine. I don't want to change explicitly the calls in the many scripts that have been written. For example, I would to change the delimiter in all write.mytable() without changing any calls it and without changing the default value currently assigned to that delimiter in the declaration of this function. What I would like is to add a command at the beginning of the scripts that says "since now, the delimiter is ;".

I am thinking about setting global options that those functions will read and use to overwrite the default values. Of course the write.mytable function has to be modify to exploit these settings, but none of the scripts. I think about something similar to the par() and options() functions.

I noticed the settings package, but I would like to know if there is a simple and recommended solution without adding any dependency.

Hope my question is clear.

Thanks for any advice,
Samuel