Hi,

I have a C package which includes the usage of the StarPU runtime system to
allow running my code on different HW architectures. I included this to an
R-package and I found that R is using only one core and all the thread
initiated by the runtime system is assigned to a single core which impacted the
performance.  I used  Sys.setenv(KMP_AFFINITY= "disabled") to disable the
default affinity and this helps to allow the runtime system to use
all available cores. However, even I gained speedup, the R package is still 5X
slower than the C package. Could anyone help me to understand the problem
better?

--Sameh

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]