On 3/06/19 3:39 PM, Christian Martin Hennig wrote:

Dear list members,

checking my updated version of prabclus with R-devel --as-cran I get a
mysterious note:

"* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... NOTE
Checking should be performed on sources prepared by �R CMD build�."

(No further information is given on that one in 00check.log.)

But my source is in fact put together by R CMD build.

Can anybody tell me what could be wrong here and how to remove the note?

DESCRIPTION looks like this:

Package: prabclus
Title: Functions for Clustering and Testing of Presence-Absence,
Abundance and Multilocus Genetic Data
Version: 2.3-1
Date: 2019-06-03
Author: Christian Hennig <christian.hen...@unibo.it>,
          Bernhard Hausdorf <hausd...@zoologie.uni-hamburg.de>
Depends: R (>= 2.10), MASS, mclust
Suggests: spdep, spatialreg, bootstrap, maptools, foreign, mvtnorm
    spatial neighborhood information. Some distance measures,
    Clustering of presence-absence, abundance and multilocus genetical data
    for species delimitation, nearest neighbor
    based noise detection. Genetic distances between communities.
    Tests whether various distance-based regressions
    are equal. Try package?prabclus for on overview.
Maintainer: Christian Hennig <christian.hen...@unibo.it>
License: GPL
Christian Martin Hennig � University of Bologna � Home
Page<https://www.unibo.it/sitoweb/christian.hennig/en/>
www.unibo.it
I am at the University of Bologna since November 2018. My research interests
are cluster analysis, multivariate data analysis incl. classification and data
visualisation, robust statistics, foundations and philosophy of statistics,
statistical modelling and applications.
I should maybe add that I ran the check on the proper tar.gz file produced by R
CMD build, and apart from this NOTE and another one (which was far less
mysterious) everything went through without issues.

Hard to tell from a distance, but it sounds to me like you must have done:

    R CMD check prabclus

The NOTE is telling you that you should have done

    R CMD check prabclus_2.3-1.tar.gz

(the latter being what "R CMD build prabclus" creates).

If you did in fact do "R CMD check prabclus_2.3-1.tar.gz" then I apologise for being patronising. In this case I have no insight whatever as to what might be going wrong.

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Honorary Research Fellow