Dear Uwe,
thanks for your reply.
But wouldn't checking for the SystemRequirements be the dependencies' jobs?
Looking at `whoami`'s code (which is basically a single very well structured
and clearly written file of 350 lines including roxygen comments by Gabor
Csardi),
I see exactly a single call to system("whoami"), which of course gets caught if
it throws an exception and it should be called on windows only. Under solaris I
would expect whoami::whoami() to call `id`.
I don't understand why I'm getting this error with  r-patched-solaris-x86.
Gabor, can you help?!

Best, Dominik Cullmann

--
https://www.globalplanetauthority.com/