The rgl package includes a large amount of Javascript source to handle the display of output in browsers using rglwidget(). Currently this is mostly in one big file (inst/htmlwidgets/lib/rglClass/rglClass.src.js), but I'd like to make some improvements:

 - splitting it into separate files with related functions
- automatically "compiling" it into a single file stripped of white space and comments, for faster loading.

Unfortunately, I have no other experience writing a Javascript library, so I really don't know what I'm doing. Can anyone point me to other R packages containing htmlwidgets that do this "properly", or point to instructions for the standard workflow for Javascript library development outside of R that I could adapt?

Duncan Murdoch