Dear all,

is there somewhere an official statement about the maximum run-times of examples in vignettes?

Currently I got for our seven vignettes on my six-years old machine 7.9 minutes. One of them (containing a lot of simulation code) take 7.1 minutes. Hence, in the submission we asked for --no-vignettes (on Windows only). Interestingly on some flavours and operating systems this was also observed, whereas on others not. What I don't understand: Some zip-files (e.g. Windows r-oldrel) which state in the result-Flag --no-vignettes contain not only the *.Rmd (what I would expect) but also the *.R and *.html. Since a while we submit the time-critical vignette pre-compiled, which should bring the total execution time below one minute. Is that fine for all flavours & OSs?

Helmut

--
Ing. Helmut Schütz
BEBAC – Consultancy Services for