On 02/06/2021 6:57 a.m., Hugh Parsonage wrote:
mvSLOUCH <--- TreeSim <-- phytools <-- gtools

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 at 20:35, Krzysztof Bartoszek <krz...@protonmail.ch> wrote:

Thank you. The only problem, as I wrote, is that neither my package, mvSLOUCH,
nor any package that mvSLOUCH imports from depends on gtools.
In particular nowhere in mvSLOUCH do I use any call to anything from gtools nor
to any function called combinations.

Hugh, could you describe how you found this dependency chain? This sort of problem comes up now and then, and I've always used a slow manual search. It would be nice to know if there's an automatic way to answer the question

"Why does package xxx appear to require yyy?"

Duncan Murdoch