On 29.10.2022 14:14, Jamie Lentin wrote:
On 2022-10-28 20:48, Ying Li via R-package-devel wrote:
Flavor: r-devel-windows-x86_64
Check: examples, Result: NOTE
 Examples with CPU (user + system) or elapsed time > 10s
      user system elapsed
 RDM 40.05   0.89   40.94

Explain:  This is because a large dataset is used in the example. An
example with large dataset is necessary, as this package is meant for
analyzing large datasets.

Wrapping with \donttest{} may help here. Despite the name, CMD check --as-cran *will* run these tests, but will not be subject to the same time restrictions.

Well, we run these on CRAN from time to time, but R CMD check --as-cran does not run them.

I dom not believe you need a large data frame for the examples: The exanmples are intended to show users how you call the function and pass the arguments. You do not need to demonstrate that you can run it on huge data, as your users don't want to wait for hours in order to see the principles of the function call ....

Best,
Uwe Ligges

On submission of your package, the examples will be run with and without \donttest{}. However, the periodic (daily?) checks that get run skip the \donttest{} checks, to keep the CPU time these require manageable, and this is what the NOTE is about.

Cheers,