On 16/03/2023 12:36 p.m., Tiago Olivoto wrote:
Hi,
My package pliman depends on EBImage which is in Bioconductor. I have
created a function check_ebi() <
https://github.com/TiagoOlivoto/pliman/blob/e6efc4b6a2396600939e308c235aeb9ab47af375/R/utilities.R#L534>
that is called in .onAttach() <
https://github.com/TiagoOlivoto/pliman/blob/master/R/zzz.R#L36>  and checks
if EBImage is installed. If not, the function asks the user to install it.

If some other package loads but doesn't attach pliman, and is missing EBImage, does it fail gracefully? That's also important. I'd test what happens if a user runs pliman::object_edge( ... ) . (That function isn't in the CRAN version, just the Github version, so I haven't tried this.)

Duncan Murdoch

Both EBImage and BiocManager are listed as suggests <
https://github.com/TiagoOlivoto/pliman/blob/master/DESCRIPTION#L22>

I believe that this could be a possible solution
Best regards,
Olivoto

Em qui., 16 de mar. de 2023 às 11:18, Ruff, Sergej <