I agree, really nice.

One suggestion would be to check for the existence of the corresponding topic link.

For example, <https://hughjonesd.github.io/r-help/2.9.0/graphics/plot.html> links to <https://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-patched/library/graphics/html/plot.html>, which doesn't exist. The generic is now in the base package, at <https://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-patched/library/base/html/plot.html>.

Duncan Murdoch

On 30/06/2023 11:37 a.m., Ben Bolker wrote:
    Nice! (I like "A longer description will go here eventually.")

   It would be cute/handy to have navigation links available for "go to
this help page in the next (previous) version of R" (if it's not a huge
pain)

On 2023-06-30 11:10 a.m., David Hugh-Jones wrote:
OK, so I took Jeff's hint and did this myself!

https://github.com/hughjonesd/r-help

Sample page for ?plot from the first version of R (at least, the first
version that is on svn):

https://hughjonesd.github.io/r-help/0.60/base/plot.html

Not everything is guaranteed to work, so please report bugs if you find any.

Cheers,
David

On Fri, 30 Jun 2023 at 13:23, David Hugh-Jones <davidhughjo...@gmail.com>