On 18/07/2023 12:37 p.m., Gabriel Constantino Blain wrote:
Dears,
I submitted my R package to CRAN.
However, it didn't pass the CRAN checks because of 2 notes:
Note 1:
Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc, r-devel-windows-x86_64
Check: CRAN incoming feasibility, Result: NOTE
   Maintainer: 'Gabriel Constantino Blain <gabriel.bl...@sp.gov.br>'
   New submission
     Possibly misspelled words in DESCRIPTION:
     EP (14:45)
     NASAPOWER (11:18)
     OperatSDI (12:9)
     PowerSDI (7:18, 13:9)
     SPEI (3:31, 7:50, 10:20)
     SPI (3:23, 7:42, 10:12)
     ScientSDI (9:19)
     evapotranspitation (13:44)
     subperiods (15:76)
Note 2:
Flavor: r-devel-windows-x86_64
Check: examples, Result: NOTE
   Examples with CPU (user + system) or elapsed time > 10s
              user system elapsed
   ScientSDI 82.71   0.75   88.00
   Reference 29.75   0.05   29.80
   Accuracy  10.02   1.11   11.12
Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc
Check: examples, Result: NOTE
   Examples with CPU (user + system) or elapsed time > 5s
               user system elapsed
   ScientSDI 52.674  0.176  57.765
   Reference 20.749  0.148  20.898
   Accuracy   6.001  0.024   6.024

Regarding note 1, not all the words are misspelled,
EP, SPI and SPEI are acronyms
OperatSDI and ScientSDI are functions of my package
PowerSDI is the name of my package's name
  NASAPOWER is the project's name.

Writing R Extensions section 1.1.1 describes some rules for quoting non-English words. I think they imply OperatSDI, ScientSDI and PowerSDI should be in single quotes. I am not sure whether that also applies to your other non-English words.

Duncan Murdoch

Regarding note 2, I don't know what's wrong. Is it related to the time to run the
examples (>5s)? If is it so, it is not an error. There are so many calculations
that it does take some time to do it.

The package is available at https://github.com/gabrielblain/PowerSDI
I really appreciate any help you can provide.
Best regards
Gabriel

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]