Dear All,

Today I was preparing a new version for the RALSA package. I have built a Windows package using "devtools::check_win_devel()". I took the built Windows package and tested it on a Windows 10 machine to see if everything works as intended before submitting the source to CRAN. The machine has R 4.3.1, the latest official release. After I load the test RALSA package, R displays a message saying "Package RALSA built under R version 4.4.0", I guess this is what the win-builder uses when the source is sent via "devtools::check_win_devel()".

When testing one of the functions of the newly built RALSA package (lsa.corsstabs"), it crashes with the following message:

    Error in crossprod(x = sweep(x = as.matrix(replicated.averages),
    MARGIN = 2, : "crossprod" is not a BUILTIN function

I checked if it is a builtin by:

    grep(pattern = "cross", x = builtins(), value = TRUE)

This returned:

    [1] "tcrossprod" "crossprod"

I am not sure I understand, the "crossprod" function is in the base package and is builtin in 4.3.1, is it dropped in 4.4.0? If yes, how to overcome this?

Please advise.

Best,
Plamen

--