I can't help with providing servers, but if the primary issue with builder software maintenance is manpower I would be more than willing to contribute and I imagine others would be as well. Perhaps logistically challenging, but more than doable.

-Andrew

On 12/4/2023 5:11 PM, Uwe Ligges wrote:
Thanks for your offer to providing us with capable multicore servers and support staff for continuing support of recent Fedora systems.

Best,
Uwe Ligges

On 04.12.2023 18:09, andrew--- via R-package-devel wrote:
I do think that its a reasonable ask that the test machines be running operating systems within their vendor support periods.

-Andrew Robbins
________________________________
From: R-package-devel <r-package-devel-boun...@r-project.org> on behalf of Josiah Parry <josiah.pa...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, December 4, 2023 11:34 AM
To: Tomas Kalibera <tomas.kalib...@gmail.com>
Cc: R Package Development <r-package-devel@r-project.org>
Subject: Re: [R-pkg-devel] Update timing of machines on CRAN?

Unfortunately, it is often important for us to pay attention to what
machines our code is being tested on.

I think the point is more or less that we often find ourselves trying to
make super small adjustments for machines and builds that are used by a
number of users in the single digits. The vast majority of R programmers
are not on these arcane machines. We should strive to support the vast
majority of users who use *fairly* standard distributions such as Mac,
Windows, Ubuntu, Debian, and maybe even Centos. Getting a note for a
release which has reach EOL can be confusing and tough to know how to
handle.

On Mon, Dec 4, 2023 at 10:17 AM Tomas Kalibera <tomas.kalib...@gmail.com>