On 9 May 2024 at 03:20, Sameh Abdulah wrote:
| I need to serialize and save a 20K x 20K matrix as a binary file.

Hm that is an incomplete specification: _what_ do you want to do with it?
Read it back in R?  Share it with other languages (like Python) ? I.e. what
really is your use case?  Also, you only seem to use readBin / writeBin. Why
not readRDS / saveRDS which at least give you compression?

If it is to read/write from / to R look into the qs package. It is good. The
README.md at its repo has benchmarks: https://github.com/traversc/qs If you
want to index into the stored data look into fst. Else also look at databases

Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | e...@debian.org