On 06.09.2024 14:43, Sigbert Klinke wrote:
Hi,

upon resubmitting my package to CRAN, I received the following note:

Author field differs from that derived from Authors@R

Author: 'Sigbert Klinke [aut, cre] (https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3337-1863), Jekaterina Zukovska [ctb] (https://orcid.org/0000-0002-7753-9210)'

Authors@R: 'Sigbert Klinke [aut, cre] (ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3337-1863), Jekaterina Zukovska [ctb] (ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-7753-9210)'

Since my DESCRIPTION file only includes the Authors@R field, I was initially confused.

However, after inspecting the *.tgz file generated with devtools::build(), I found that both fields (Author and Authors@R) were indeed present in the DESCRIPTION file inside the *.tgz. This was also the case with older *.tgz files, but CRAN hadn’t flagged it before.

As a workaround, I replaced Authors@R with separate Author and Maintainer fields.

Do you have any other suggestions on how to resolve this?

Ignore for now:
This is from a very recent change in R-devel and should not have been flagged by the checks, now fixed. The idea is to allow for more than only ORCID and hence give labels to these ids. This is now done automatically when the Author field is generated from Authors@R by R CMD build, and unfortunately got flagged by our checks that use a very recent version of R-devel from last night.

In short: Simply submit again, the note will be gone.

Best,
Uwe Ligges