Hi,

A bit late to the party, here. I added the following to the Ubuntu README in the SUPPORTED PACKAGES section:

The other r-cran-* packages are updated with Ubuntu releases only. Users who need to update (by recompiling) one of these R packages (say package foo with the Ubuntu name r-cran-foo) should first make sure to obtain all the required build dependencies with

   sudo apt-get build-dep r-cran-foo
I wouldn't want to enter into more details on how to (re)compile an Ubuntu package. I hope this will be enough for most users and situations.

Thank you for the excellent suggestions (I think it was originally from Jay).

Best,

Vincent

--
Vincent Goulet, Associate Professor