-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        Re: [R-sig-Debian] r-base installation fails on Ubuntu 14.04
Date:   Wed, 23 Mar 2016 13:07:44 -0700
From:   Barnet Wagman <bdw...@gmail.com>
To:     Dirk Eddelbuettel <e...@debian.org>

> Lastly, and please don't take this the wrong way: I think I am helping way
> more people like you who for one reason or other insist on older / frozen
> system like 14.04 but then desire newer software.  Simply running _current_
> Ubuntu and upgrading every six months is IMHO much easier.

Are suggesting upgrading to Ubuntu 15 or just running apt-get upgrade or
apt-get dist-upgrade (which I've done).  Ubuntu 14.04 is the latest LTS
version, which is probably why a lot of people are not going to 15.

PS Inadvertently sent this to Dirk instead of list.  Sorry.

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]