Thank you, Dr. Eddelbuettel. Though I am confident your solution works, I just
thought I should report this specifically for the CRAN repo in case there may
be a bug (perhaps similar to the issue previously reported for Disco Dingo).
Unless I am misunderstanding something, Dr. Rutter implies in his reply to
Willem Ligtenberg that his PPA and CRAN repo may have distinct config files
(Rutter: "You can always use the RRutterr3.5 PPA
(https://launchpad.net/~marutter/+archive/ubuntu/rrutter3.5). Has the same
packages, and with fewer configuration files for me to have incorrect.") I did
indeed run `sudo apt update`, so I don't believe that is the cause.

Does the CRAN repo work for others? Or only theĀ RRutterr PPA?

Best,