Dear Katrina,

You might look to the Anova() function (capital "A") in the "car"
library by John Fox; it does Type II SS. There a few other helpful
functions to streamline analyses and make pretty pictures.

Best,

Jesse

Dept. of Environmental and Forest Biology, SUNY-ESF
248 Illick Hall, 1 Forestry Dr., Syracuse, NY 13210 USA
phone: 315.470.4937   fax: 315.470.6934   email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.esf.edu/efb/brunner/