Hello,

When trying to fit spatially-explicit capture recapture models with a
larger number of parameters, using the package secr, I get the following
error message:

> gH.yr.sH.jc.session=secr.fit(seeh69, model=list(g0~h2+yr,
sigma~h2+jc+session),
mask=masklist,CL=T,detectfn=1,timecov=timecovs,sessioncov=sesscovs,detai
ls=list(distribution='binomial'), stepmax=10)

Checking data

Preparing detection design matrices

Error: cannot allocate vector of size 150.6 Mb

I only get the message when trying to fit models with many parameters.

I am working on a PC with 2Gb of RAM and Windows XP installed.  I
already increased the memory limit in R, and the page file size in
Windows, to the maximum allowed (4095 Mb). I also defragmented my hard
drive, which has plenty of free space available.

Can anyone suggest a way around this problem?

Thanks,

Eric