Dear colleagues,

I would to use hierarchical partitioning methods to evaluate variance
contributions of different predictors as proposed by Chevan and
Sutherland (1991) and Mac Nally (2000 & 2002), within a generalized
linear mixed modelling framework. The standard package in R for
hierarchical partioning is hier.part.  However, the hier.part  package
only works within a generalized linear modelling framework.  I was
wondering wether there is any function out there that might perform
hierarchical partioning for mixed models.

thanks in advance

Best wishes,

Alessandro

Chevan, A. & Sutherland, M. (1991) Hierarchical partitioning. American
Statistician, 45, 90–96.

Mac Nally, R. (2000) Regression and model-building in conservation
biology, biogeography and ecology: the distinction between–and
reconciliation of–‘predictive’and ‘explanatory’models. Biodiversity
and Conservation, 9, 655–671.

Mac Nally, R. (2002) Multiple regression and inference in ecology and
conservation biology: further comments on identifying important
predictor variables. Biodiversity and Conservation, 11, 1397–1401.

--
Alessandro Gherlenda
Ecological Consultant-Bologna Italy