Dear Luis and Javier,

I am having a bit trouble understanding the model structure that was posted
in the original question:

glm(formula = Frec ~ Group+ Hour:Category, family = poisson)

I am an ecologist and I recall from all courses on statistical modelling,
that if I find an interaction term significant, I HAVE to retain the
related main effects as well, even if they have no significant effect by
themselves.

So, for my understanding, why is the above model missing the main effects
'Category' and 'Hour' although their interaction is significant?

Maybe somene can post a clarifying message that could explain what I am
missing or misunderstanding here.

As for the post-hoc test within 'Group', I usually use glht() from the
'multcomp' package.

Thank you vey much!
Cheers,
Mango