Dear All,

I have a problem with 'betareg' function of 'betareg' package, would you,
please, help me? I am trying to model compositional similarity on range (0;
1) between pairs of sample units as a function of pairwise geographical
distances, and I often get an error message like this:

"Error in chol.default(K) :
  the leading minor of order 3 is not positive definite
In addition: Warning message:
In sqrt(wpp) : NaNs produced
Error in chol.default(K) :
  the leading minor of order 3 is not positive definite
In addition: Warning messages:
1: In betareg.fit(X, Y, Z, weights, offset, link, link.phi, type, control) :
  failed to invert the information matrix: iteration stopped prematurely
2: In sqrt(wpp) : NaNs produced"

The problem occurs with any link function. I read that this error is caused
when my matrix is not positive definite. But how should I avoid this if
these are the data I have?

Thank you and best regards,

Attila Lengyel