​If the block of ecological variables for the first morphological group
contains the same TYPE of variables ( i.e. temperature, humidity and other
stuff) of the ecological block of variables related to the second morphological
group you can just work with regresssion after checking for collinearity among
predictors (do a PCA if you find high VIF); PLS can handle collinearities.

In this case, the  ecology is treated as the independent and morphology as the
dependent (take a look to this:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20656037​

to discriminate between PLS regression and PLS correlation, being the first
asymmetrical, the second symmetrical)

In this case you can run a MANCOVA with morphology as multivariate Y, ecology
as multiple X (i.e. a meaningful number of PLS scores or PCA scores or the
original variables)  with "radiation" as factor variable. As I doubt these data
can respect parametric assumptions you can run adonis() that is non-parametric.

BUT (I write this even if it seems to me that it is not the case)  ...if  the
ecological variables related to  the SECOND morphological group are not of the
same TYPE of the ecological variables related to  the FIRST morphological group
.....things are a little bit more complicated: ASSUMING THAT MORPHOLOGY IS
REPRESENTED BY THE SAME TYPE OF VARIABLES..... you can extract vectors of two
separate PLS and then relate them to check if they covary; in this case
however, I expect a covariance between the ecological variables related to  the
FIRST morphological group and those related to the FIRST morphological group.

The various tests can be much more complex however.

best

paolo