Hi Buddhi,

Assuming your climate data are represented as a series of rasters and your species occurrences have latitude and longitude coordinates, you can accomplish both of these things with the raster package. Using one of the climate rasters as a reference raster, you can use the function cellFromXY() to determine species presence/absence in your cells. And the extract() function in raster can be used to get the climate values from climate data rasters.

Hope this helps.
Adam