Dear researchers at the interface between ecology and statistics,
The abstract submission deadline has been extended to next Monday, December 9
2019, for the International Statistical Ecology Conference (ISEC2020, June
22-26, 2020, Sydney Australia).  So you need to get cracking!  Bursaries are
available to presenters from developing countries.  Registration is also open.

Plenary speakers:
- Christl Donnelly (Imperial College, London)
- David Borchers (St Andrews)
- Di Cook (Monash)
- Kiona Ogle (Northern Arizona)
- Mark Bravington (CSIRO)

Invited sessions on:
- Reproducible Science with Fiona Fidler (Melbourne), Shinichi Nakagawa (UNSW
Sydney)
- Methods for high throughput community data with Doug Yu (East Anglia)

ISEC2020 is a family-friendly event - we plan to organise child care at the
conference venue for anyone travelling with young children.
The first day of the conference is a Skills Showcase, with 90-minute
introductory tutorials on deep learning, high-dimensional data visualisation,
acoustics, spatial capture-recapture, multivariate analysis, hidden Markov
models, point processes, and more.  We have several spots left in our Skills
Showcase program - send us your ideas!

Do you want to do some science while at the conference?  We plan to organise
lunchtime round-table discussions on topical issues, where each table takes a
topic and works towards a plan for a paper they could write to address it.
Outcomes will be reported to delegates in a plenary session, and paper plans
will be submitted to Methods in Ecology and Evolution as an ISEC2020 Special
Issue proposal.  Send us your ideas for discussion topics at
mailto:isec2...@unsw.edu.au.

To find out more go to the conference website http://www.isec2020.org/

See you in Sydney,
The ISEC2020 Local Organizing Committee