Hi R-sig-ecology.

Sorry if this question is vague.

How can we characterize the direction and magnitude of change of biological
communities (species by site matrix or derived matrix of distances) in
response to a continuous environmental predictor?

I want to do this for several different regions and be able to compare the
directions and magnitudes of community changes among regions.

Maybe this is as simple as using a correlation coefficient...

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Brian

--
Brian A. Gill, Ph.D. (He/Him)

Postdoctoral Research Associate
School of Natural Resources and the Environment
University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, USA
www.BrianGillPhD.com