Dear all,
we're excited to announce our upcoming online course on "Mapping and Spatial
Operations in R: Using R as a GIS," scheduled for May 6-10, 2024.

Course website: https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/gis-in-r2/

Did you know that you can perform GIS operations using R? This course offers
both theoretical insights and practical hands-on sessions on utilizing R as a
GIS tool. Participants will learn how to automate and reproduce mapping and
spatial analysis of environmental data using R scripts.

This course is designed for researchers and practitioners interested in mapping
and spatial analysis of biodiversity and environmental data. Familiarity with
computers is required, and prior basic experience with R is strongly
recommended. All R scripts will be provided and thoroughly explained to
facilitate learning.

By the end of the course, participants will:
- Understand the fundamentals of GIS, mapping, and cartographic projections
- Acquire spatial data and import them into R for map creation
- Perform various spatial analyses using R
- Generate and export maps depicting analysis results

Best regards,
Carlo

Carlo Pecoraro, Ph.D

Physalia-courses DIRECTOR