I am running a MaxEnt model and we would like to see the seasonal pattern of
the habitat suitability. Instead of doing the regular BIOVARS (R package) that
calculate the annual bio-climate variables, we want to apply the similar
concept and get the bio climate variable for just a season of 3-4 months. We
are looking into BIO 6, BIO 13, and BIO 15 soecifically. However, the package
biovars only take 12 layers (for the annual calculation). My understanding is
that we can also interpret it for however long of period we would like (eg, 12
weeks and change the interpretation to 12 weeks of period instead of the annual
definition in the example of R documentation). The only limitation is that the
function needs to take 12 inputs. Is there a way to work around this to
calculate the same variables but only for 3 or 4 months of period? All the
temperature and precipitation variables are taken from remote sensing data that
comes in different frequency (monthly & 8 days). Thank you !