Hi everyone

Instats is offering a new 1-day workshop on Dimension Reduction Methods for
Complex Datasets
<https://instats.org/seminar/dimension-reduction-methods-for-life-sciences-2494>
by professor Nikolay Oskolkov from Lund University, running August 12. This
seminar provides a comprehensive overview of dimension reduction techniques
in R (and Python) for high-dimensional biological and other forms of data,
focusing on their practical applications. Participants will gain
theoretical knowledge and practical experience in linear and nonlinear
methods such as tSNE and UMAP -- unlike PCA and factor analysis, these
methods allow for nonlinear solutions. By the conclusion of the seminar,
participants will understand the theoretical and practical foundations of
these methods, with a wealth of examples that can be rapidly applied for
their own research problems.

As an affiliate member of an ecology lab at UCSD myself, I thought this
might be of interest to the ecology R group, even though many of the
examples presented will come from biological datasets. I hope this is ok!

Sign up today
<https://instats.org/seminar/dimension-reduction-methods-for-life-sciences-2494>
to secure your spot in this exciting workshop and learn the intricacies of
data reduction for complex datasets using the most popular techniques
available today.

Best wishes

Michael Zyphur
Director
Institute for Statistical and Data Science
*instats.org* <http://instats.org>
<http://instats.org>